Leadership Development Manager
Develop and drive practical and impactful company-wide programs to help leaders optimize their performance; select, manage and develop talent; and prepare them for higher level roles. Identify, develop and deploy programs and tools to reinforce the leadership competencies and behaviors required to advance the US Foods Talent Agenda.
Supports development of learning solutions to help leaders more effectively select, promote, develop, manage and reward talent.
Drives ongoing learning needs analysis, design, development, assessment, implementation, communication and evaluation of leadership programs to ensure alignment with desired leadership competencies and business strategies.
Manages and facilitates the program nomination and selection process. Interfaces with senior leaders around content and scheduling to engage them in teaching within development programs.
Drives communication materials, timelines and process steps to effectively deploy and increase impact of leadership development programs.
Manages standardized on-boarding / transition process for senior leaders hired or promoted into new roles.
Tracks, using proven project management approaches, all leadership development programs against relevant schedule, budget and learning objectives; monitors program results and effectiveness
Supports improvements in leadership programs and resources to build a deeper leadership bench and improve talent readiness for targeted positions.
Collaborates with external content providers to develop practical, effective learning solutions.
Designs, conducts, and/or brokers the delivery of leadership programs from a variety of resources. Determines whether to buy, rent, or build learning interventions.
Proactively communicates and builds relationships with program participants and senior leaders to support an effective learning experience.
Must have the ability to travel up to 25%.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Instructional Design, Industrial / Organizational Psychology or related. Masters degree or Ph.D. preferred.
· Requires 5-7 years progressive experience in talent management, leadership development or related roles.
· Current/recent, specific, hands-on experience in the design, implementation and management of company-wide leadership development programs and
· Prior experience delivering leadership / management content strongly preferred.
· Certification in leadership development content and experience delivering / facilitating learning modules to leaders at all levels of the organization.
· Previous leadership / people management experience strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, working independently while handling multiple priorities.
· Ability to manage large, complex projects within demanding time constraints and budget parameters.
· Capable of developing and maintaining effective relationships, internally and externally.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing, highly matrixed environment.
· Strong business acumen, creative problem solving and project management skills required.
· Must be highly service-oriented with strong attention to relevant details.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, facilitation and professional speaking skills
· Superb working knowledge of Microsoft Office - particularly Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Yes, 10% of the time
U.S. Foodservice is an EEO/AA employer.
US Foods - 18 months ago
Many restaurant-goers in the US can thank this company for the food on their plates. US Foods (formerly U.S. Foodservice) is the...