Chart Energy & Chemicals - located in La Crosse, Wisconsin – is the leading designer and manufacturer of cryogenic brazed aluminum heat exchangers (BAHX). Our unique product is used in the production of LNG and other process systems related to the energy market. Chart is the only producer of large BAHX in the U.S. and is a leader in the global markets we serve. Chart’s continued financial growth offers exciting and challenging career opportunities for career seeking individuals.
The Lean Leader will identify and implement lean enterprise and six sigma initiatives to enhance the overall effectiveness of business operations and achieve operations excellence. They will assist and support managers, supervisors and engineers in the development of lean competencies and build organizational capability across all levels of the organization resulting in a fast learning and adaptive continuous improvement culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement strategic plans for supporting Lean Six Sigma system in the facility.
• Provide/facilitate training to support implementation of the Continuous Improvement Framework.
• Complete ongoing evaluations of Chart’s lean progress and develop strategy to move the business to Excelling status.
• Actively facilitate Lean projects and events throughout all support functions of BAHX in La Crosse.
• Build organizational capability in the progressive development of Toyota Production System pillars of JIT and Jidoka on the foundation of Heijunka.
• Become a catalyst for Empowered Work Team Leaders to accomplish desired lean cultural transformation.
• Drive core functional excellence in implementing Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other world-class operations management techniques:
• Provide effective leadership and assistance to help define systems and effectively implement these programs leading to significant improvements in culture, safety, quality, delivery, cost and overall customer satisfaction.
• Implement effective leading indicator measurement systems associated with continuous improvement and cost out.
• Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
Experience, Education & Skills:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Business from an accredited institution.
• Minimum five years of experience implementing Lean methods and/or facilitating kaizen events in a manufacturing setting.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications (oral, written, listening).
• Strong influencing, negotiation, coaching, and consulting skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and understanding of problem solving techniques/tools.
• Certification and experience leading Lean and/or Six Sigma process improvement projects with demonstrated results is desired.