GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Manufacturing Technician II role will perform diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC Electric Avenue Tubes Business at Electric Avenue. This technician role will report into the Lean & Materials department driving and supporting process improvements, standardization & simplification efforts throughout the value stream.
Key responsibilities of this assignment may include, but are not limited to:
• Deep dive multiple value streams, working with the production operators & subject matter experts to identify waste & drive improvement projects
• Support moonshine shop & kaizen promotion office (KPO) projects/activities
• Lead/participate in action workout teams to achieve business results
• Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
• Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
• Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
• Develop and execute training plans as required
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
• Train other team members through technical communications and/or presentations.
• Comply with EHS regulations and policies
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 5 years technical experience
2. Demonstrated solid performance and experience in Lean
3. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
4. Good analytical and planning skills; Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
5. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
6. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
7. Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
8. Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
9. Experience in project management
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
3. Proven experience influencing, leading teams and driving change; results orientated
4. 1+ Years of machining/fabrication experience
5. Familiar with blueprint reading and geometric tolerancing
6. Demonstrated commitment to process improvement with results
7. Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 19 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...