Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Examine varied production, operations, or business processes in order to assess efficiency and diagnose bottlenecks, obstacles, or other inefficiencies. Develop and conduct group process within office or business unit in order to surface and document operating procedures. Follow six sigma methodology including DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) and DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) to assess and characterize operating procedures and suggest alternatives, as well as to engage participants and obtain commitment to modification of procedures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with business unit or production unit to assess (and document) current operating procedures in larger or more complex operating environments. May work with customers or supply chain whose processes interact with the organization's processes.
- Confer with business leaders or champions of changes in the unit's operating procedures regarding assessment of the unit's productivity and relative efficiency. May advise less experienced six sigma colleagues on steps in consultative process.
- Use six sigma methodology (Design, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) to assess current operating procedures and envision future state.
- Facilitate/lead group process among groups' members and leadership to surface issues and to gain insight into current operating procedures and buy in into changes in procedures.
- Confer with Lean Six Sigma colleagues to train in advanced concepts and methods, or to evaluate course of intervention they are engaged in.
- Develop training module and build infrastructure based on corporate standards.
- Share learnings with Lean Six Sigma staff and appropriate management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Hands on experience in business process analysis, and associated tools, such as Minitab for statistical analysis; and Visio and IBM Lombardi for process mapping and managing
- Capable of organizing and performing work independently with minimal guidance from manager
- Basic understanding of financial metrics and impact to financial statements
- Experience on process improvement methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma or Workout
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, including with experience with Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Prior consulting work experience is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...