This position is based in the Houston office, but requires extensive time spent in the field in our Gulf Coast operating areas. This position is primarily a continuous improvement position which will require an experienced Lean Six Sigma leader with a strong manufacturing and service background. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels and within all functions, creating value and buy-in as a key change facilitator within our region’s operations.
This member of the Drilling Team handles a variety of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels and functions of the business's operations on the use and practice of Lean & Six Sigma methodology and tools within the company's various operations.
- Partner with functional leaders and site management staff to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities. Manage a robust review process for selecting, scoping and prioritizing Lean & Six Sigma projects including review of resource utilization.
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean & Six Sigma transformation events and projects targeted towards improving the business's performance.
- This position will help deliver significant and quantifiable process improvement and financial benefit across the multiple business functions.
- This position will focus on performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase performance via the use of Lean & Six Sigma tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This position will perform Value Stream Analysis to target specific areas for improvement; lead and/or facilitate Kaizen events as a key driver of continuous improvement.
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the operations group, supporting site staff and functional leaders by communicating the changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the region’s Lean & Six Sigma transformation.
Required: BS/BA Degree and 5+ years professional work experience in a manufacturing/operations setting
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt with deep Lean experience; Strong knowledge and experience with Lean Principles, and Techniques: Wastes, 5S, Visual Management, TPM, SMED, Pull, Flow, Heijunka, etc
Strong experience leading Kaizen Blitz Events and performing Value Stream Analysis
Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required; Proven Training and Coaching skills
Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
Proven ability in strategy development, program implementation, team building, mentoring, planning and budgeting; Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
Experience bringing the Lean Sigma culture into a corporate environment that has no previous experience or formal program set up.
SM Energy - 17 months ago
SM Energy is in the business of exploring North America to find the next big sources of energy, but we’re just as serious about...