- Work closely with the Site Management Team to create and implement a Business Improvement Plan to enable the creation of standardized processes.
- Drive culture change, accountability and a continuous improvement mindset throughout the Indianapolis site.
- Review plant performance to identify lean improvement opportunities.
- Lead and drive lean design in operations manufacturing systems.
- Work with maintenance department, line leaders and operators to apply 5s in a practical way for the plant.
- Observe value stream waste, coach and drive Lean principle and methodologies for waste removal.
- Coach, deploy and promote Lean principles in the manufacturing environment.
- Document Lean efforts through selected metrics and photographs.
- Develop standard work to document common lean activities like 5S, Kanban and flow cell construction.
- Constantly strive to reduce costs and improve efficiencies through a detailed knowledge of the process and a continuous goal of eliminating waste.
- Develop Lean Manufacturing training plans for the site.
- Build consensus across functional and lines of business, working with multiple internal customers and stakeholders.
- Apply organizational policies and assures adherence to departmental procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience leading Kaizen Events
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a Lean manufacturing environment
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Proficiency in MS office Word, Excel, email, pictures, SAP is required
- Experience driving cultural & process improvements in a manufacturing environment
- Must possess knowledge and have experience in industrial safety programs and OSHA regulations
- Must have strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus