The Learner Records Representative is a phone-based customer service representative working as part of a contact center team. The role heavily focused on phone support— primarily inbound but does include other activities. The role will handle incoming calls and manage daily processing of work related to Capella transcripts, graduation applications, diplomas, enrollment verification, commencement, and addresses learner questions and issues related to financial aid. Success in this role requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and the desire to exceed both team and personal goals achieved by creatively responding to and resolving learner and internal customer issues, either through first contact or working collaboratively with other team members.
- Provide high quality customer service via phone to our learners and internal customers through answering incoming questions related to a learner’s academic records and financial aid. Provide viable options and solutions to ensure satisfaction and academic success.
- Effectively communicate to all learners and internal staff, while showing empathy during difficult situations and clearly, concisely communicating any financial aid solutions possible.
- Participate in proactive outreach efforts including outbound calls and compose clear and concise e-mails for learners who request information or re-caps of the resolution to the issue.
- Successfully and accurately process, track, and report work requests related to transcripts, graduation applications, diplomas, enrollment verification and financial aid.
- Research learner activities, indentify unmet Learner needs, and work to improve the overall learner experience
- Maintain an understanding of and comply with business rules and university policies when responding to learner questions or processing of requests.
- Responsible for understanding academic products offered to our learners
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of learner records and understands and enforces FERPA.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while staying on top of work priorities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Education: Associate degree required, Bachelor's preferred.
Experience: 2+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a call center setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional listening, questioning and interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak clearly and to the point
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in changing situations
- Works well in teams
- Customer-focused with emphasis on being timely, accurate and efficient
- Ability to adapt to a professional culture that combines the traditions of higher education with the innovation of a fast-paced online learning environment
- Works collaboratively to improve processes
- Meets or exceeds performance expectations established for position
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work
- Software knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and Adobe Acrobat. People Soft experience preferred by not required.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...