Our Houston-based, Corporate Human Resources team is looking for a bright, energetic individual with the requisite skills to join the team as the Learning Specialist . This is primarily an inside role with broad exposure across the firm.
Personal Characteristics required include:
· Strong organizational and both verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent inter-personal skills
· Client-service oriented
The qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Educational Instruction or other related degree
- 5-10 years experience in position(s) with demonstrated growth, providing learning programs in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of learning theories/principles as applied to adult learning/training
- Familiarity with instructional design strategies and methodologies
- Experience with HRIS and/or learning management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Windows as well as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Some travel to other offices may be required, but no more than 5-10%.
In this role, the qualified individual will work with the firms leadership to develop and maintain the learning infrastructure of Walter P Moore, including:
Walter P Moore is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Facilitate the scheduling and implementation of firm-wide learning events to include preparation of materials, assistance with presentations, and tracking of attendance;
- Review and approve course proposals and presentations for new corporate and technical training courses;
- Review learning content to be delivered to Walter P Moore staff;
- Analyze evaluation forms and recommend program enhancement opportunities;
- Track in-house professional development training and assist staff with continuing education requirements;
- Maintain the existing SOLO learning management software database;
- Assist managers in conducting on-going department training needs assessment;
- Research and recommend e-learning software and tools;
- Develop, update and/or work with leadership to develop, update professional development courses on an as-needed basis;
- Maintain Learning page of the company intranet;
- Serve as a member of the firms Learning Committee;
- Work with HR team to deliver corporate programs such as consulting skills, supervisory skills, etc.
To apply please complete the application that begins here.
Walter P. Moore and Associates is one of the most respected consulting engineering firms in the United States.
For 70 years the Walter P....