The Learning Technology LMS Administrator will report to the Director of Information Technology and will be responsible for working directly with the Global Learning, Development and Technology Division, as well as external clients to ensure satisfaction with their online experience. The Learning Technology LMS Administrator will act in a dual capacity: as a system administrator and as part of the project team for customer implementations as well as managing internal and client facing Learning Technology. Specifically, this position has administrative responsibility for ESI Learning Management Systems (LMSs) and the associated reporting systems.
- Administer and support implementations in the LMS; including standardized or custom solutions, to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction through the proactive partnership with clients, staff and vendors.
- Understand platform database and technical requirements
- Provide best-practice guidance on business processes in regards to the LMS platform
- Configure application to meet business needs, establish and maintain standard Learner/LMS-based processes.
- Document and track platform configuration and enhancements
- Provide subject matter expertise, administrative and reporting support
- Quality check program and learner configurations
- Load, validate and manage customer's registrations, enrollments, and access/permissions.
- Create, load, test and manage program elements; including courseware, assessments, virtual environments, and as a backup for the delivery of reports.
- Manage all aspects of the LMS user interface including , interface configuration (including client’s skins), user documentation, and communication
- Continuously monitor ongoing implementations, and be proactive in the identification and resolution of potential issues.
- Work closely with the Technical Analyst and Operations teams to insure reports are accurately created and distributed. Create adhoc reports as necessary.
- Work with the Development and Delivery team to prioritize customer feature enhancement requests, with respect to courseware and assessment content.
- Support the implementation of domestic and international configurations and changes, including the deployment of multiple languages.
- Assist the sales force in demonstrating and communicating ESI’s LMS capabilities, including assessments and courses.
- Help to coordinate testing of all new functionality and content within the LMS across development, operations and business units. Identify issues and suggest/implement resolutions as necessary.
- Use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and assist with deployment of upgrades or procedures to live production.
- Ensure LMS-based project documents are complete, current, and shared appropriately.
- Serve as Tier II technical support/customer resolutions for Learner's experiences
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects within timelines and budget parameters while meeting or exceeding client’s satisfaction
- Experience collaborating with all levels of the organization globally, as well as with suppliers, vendors and customers
- Demonstrate can-do attitude with customer-facing experience, managing customer expectations in commercial environments
- Demonstrate customer service, leadership, and effective team interaction
- Bridge technology and business goals to provide productive solutions
- Grasp and synthesize new technical and product information quickly, and comfortably communicate it to technical and non-technical audiences
- Effectively prioritize work and manage time
- Follow through and keep others apprised of status and/or on task
- 2-4 years proven experience with administering, implementing and delivering learning programs, activities, and resources via a leading Learning Management System. Experience with NetDimenions LMS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent facilitation and written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of technical tasks and issues with tact, cooperation and persistence involving internal and external resources.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some experience deploying and troubleshooting web-based applications across multiple clients with differing network security (firewalls, proxies, etc.) and policies, preferred.