Genworth’s Learning and Development Internship provides an excellent opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience in the Learning and Development and Human Resources fields. In this position, the candidate will gain subject matter knowledge in L&D and HR, interpersonal skills, and experience working in a global Fortune 500 organization.
The intern will work with the Director, Global Learning and Development and other members of the Genworth Development Center team on several key projects that help Genworth’s 6,500 employees gain the competencies they need to be successful in their roles. These competencies include Collaboration, Communication, and Leadership skills.
In addition to the work experience, Genworth encourages participation in the various networking and community service events that it sponsors. Interns will also have the opportunity to take advantage of various professional development and technical classes that are offered at Genworth.
While there is a preference for those candidates who are pursuing HR-related majors and roles, successful candidates may come from a variety of different backgrounds. The common denominator is the desire to help others succeed by giving them the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to be successful in their roles. This position is part of a fast-paced, innovative, and fun team.
Genworth Learning and Development: Learn. Grow. Perform.
1) Facilitating needs assessment for educational and career development programs developed by
Genworth's Global Learning and Development team
2) Designing educational and career development programs
3) Creating and updating class materials, including Facilitator Guides, Participant Guides, and presentations
4) Building development strategies for internal clients
5) Analyze HR data to derive insights related to need for Learning and Development programs and their impact
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
• Interest in helping people reach their full potential through Learning and Development programs, tools, and approaches
• Desire to drive business results and have a tangible impact on the success of an organization
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Analytical mindset and attention to detail
• Ability to adjust easily in a quickly changing environment
• Experience helping others learn
• Excellent writing skills
• Facility with technology
• Analytical / statistical skills
• Experience with needs assessment techniques, including surveys and focus groups
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....