Join us in our journey of developing a world class professional and organizational development department for our staff members working at a world class institution. We are transforming our services, rethinking our solutions and engaging in conversation with our colleagues to develop a program that meets the needs of our community while inspiring each other to be the best we can be.
We are looking for individuals to join our program who share in our values of:
We are looking for a
to join our journey and help us achieve our goals. With a proven record of creativity, problem solving and a high level of integrity the selected candidate will become a part of a dynamic and engaging organization.
- Being a bridge and building connections between resources and people
- Being responsible and accountable to those we serve and to one another
- Creating an adventure by inspiring others, taking risks and having fun
- Doing the right things for the right reasons and having conviction for what we do
- Expanding our own knowledge base and modeling a commitment to continual learning and growth
- Promoting a sense of belonging-encouraging everyone to recognize their value and place in our campus community
Serving as the primary contact for all programs and services associated with the Office of Learning and Development, this position is critical in reflecting our values and demonstrating the high level of engagement and support we desire. This position is the backbone to our organizational structure with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, managing the details, information and logistics of our program including scheduling, event planning and coordinating course preparation materials.
- Education: Associate's Degree or combination of related experience and training
- Experience: Three years of administrative or logistical support in a customer centered role
- Ability to interact with a wide range of customers in an enthusiastic, patient and focused manner
- Ability to perform complex administrative duties and manage multiple details and logistics at one time
- Exceptional ability in specialized office skills including Microsoft Office, databases such as Access or FileMaker and working with various printers, laminators, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, provide clear written record of program meetings and activities, ability to manage program and staff calendars
- Ability to solve problems by anticipating any issues or concerns, manages confidential or sensitive information appropriately, establishes relationships with campus colleagues to advance program goals
- Physical Mobility: Active, standing and sitting, walking stairs, driving to various workshop locations and carrying materials
- Environmental Conditions: Normal office setting; classroom setting or multi-purpose space
- Mental: Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situation; maintain confidentiality and work within an intense environment
- Other: Weekend and evening work will be expected on occasion
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: Five to seven years of experience working in a fast-paced customer service oriented office managing multiple schedules and details
Regular Full Time
Minimum Education Level
Associate's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
14.49 - 20.45 US Dollars Hourly
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...