Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
The Learning and Organizational Development Practitioner is responsible for assessing individual, team and organizational needs, then designing and implementing appropriate interventions that build the capacity and effectiveness of those individuals, teams, and the organization as a whole. This role requires the practical application of OD theories through the innovative utilization of prior hands on experience and use of best practices, and will partner with managers, individuals, and HR team members. This role will require knowledge and expertise in systems thinking, organizational development, adult learning, consultation, coaching, facilitation, training, workforce assessment, and other practices that ensure that performance and talent development solutions, internal and external, are integrated and effective.
% of Time
Organizational Development Partner to Casey Staff :
· Analyzes and assesses departmental, workgroup and individual performance concerns, areas in need of improvement, and professional development needs. Using innovative and creative best practices, provides both reactive and proactive consultation and uses a variety of data gathering techniques and assessment tools to collect and analyze data in order to achieve ideal workplace and workforce intervention solutions.
· Through analysis, provides best intervention solutions through consultation, coaching, teaching, facilitation, training, process improvements and other organizational development services.
· Works collaboratively with other members of the HR team on matters requiring specialized HR skills and expertise (such as employee relations, management, and supervisory issues). Participates as a member of the HR coaching team and/or represents HR on other projects and committees.
L&D Systems and Interventions
· Designs, develops, and delivers implementation of solution programs, processes, methodologies and tools to achieve departmental and organizational objectives, including, but not limited to, performance management, talent development, leadership development, succession planning, change management, supervisory and general skills training. Advises on all aspects of program implementation from inception through measuring program outcomes and effectiveness.
· Designs, develops, and delivers curriculum and/or works with organizational leaders to assess the internal versus external delivery of development needs fulfillment. Establishes and maintains relationships with external learning resources and makes recommendations as appropriate. Identifies and implements on-the-job and other learning and development activities required to maintain required knowledge and skills and prepare Casey staff for the future. Trains trainers and ensures instructional quality, content and impact.
Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred in Organizational Learning, Organizational Development, Performance Management, or Human Resources.
· Requires 8 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years experience interfacing with and influencing senior organizational leaders. Experience in Employee Relations is strongly preferred.
· Must be a human resources and organizational development professional with proven experience working in and with all organizational levels in leading talent management, employee engagement, learning and training, performance management, succession planning, leader development, organizational development, mediation and facilitation, and train the trainer.
· Requires the ability to apply innovative interventions to an ever changing workplace environment. Must be able to apply known and used practices, as well as new and evolving methodologies, to the needs of Casey. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to be an initiator of solutions, and be creative, adaptable, and effective in the practical application of all OD practices and methodologies. Must have the ability to adapt and implement applicable best practices to Casey’s culture, strategy, and mission.
· The ideal candidate must possess strong abilities in the areas of: presentations to many different audiences, understanding of employee relations issues and principles, coaching and consultation, analytical thinking and creative problem solving, cross-cultural and multi-cultural understanding, and organizational processes and technology.
· Experience in HR systems integration and with technologies such as HRIS, LMS, Training-related software and distance learning is required. Vendor management is a plus.
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
· Up to 30% travel may be required