The Lease Operator is responsible for maintaining optimum production from assigned wells and meeting company standards for appearance and upkeep of assets. The Lease Operator performs required repairs & maintenance, completes required documentation accurately and timely, while adhering to company policies and procedures, including environment, safety, and regulatory.
- Performs daily operational check of assigned wells & production facilities in assigned area
- Gathers, interprets production rates, evaluation performance, recommends and/or determines and implements appropriate course of action
- Record pressures, check fluid levels, gauge tanks, switches
- Performs trouble shooting on all equipment
- Inspect/Monitors equipment
- Identifies deficiencies and recommends corrections to existing procedures to ensure the assigned field meets performance standards
Record Keeping/Production Reporting
- Maintains and repairs equipment as necessary
- Performs housekeeping & basic maintenance of well sites, vehicles, tools, etc.
- Identifies problems or potential problems with equipment; may provide technical guidance to others
- Oversee third party meter calibration (may include witnessing)
- Oversee vendor/contract work as required
- Considers relative costs and benefits of potential actions/alternative solutions
Environment Health Safety & Regulatory (EHS&R)
- Completes and submits weekly production paperwork in a timely manner; be able to discuss/provide background on submitted paperwork
- Analyzes charts to identify potential problems or opportunities for well production
- Ensures that safety devices are operational
- Performs monthly & quarterly SPCC and liability site audits (actual data to provided check list)
- Attends & participates in EHS&R meetings and tail gate meetings
- Reports near-misses and incidents to supervisor & EHS&R immediately; draft incident reports and participate in investigations
- Maintains signage
Qualifications & Work Environment:
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent; technical certification/associate degree preferred
- Knowledge/experience in oil & natural gas production, controllers, and data gathering equipment preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good relationship skills; able to work effectively with others to accomplish goals
- Proven ability to organize and complete assigned tasks
Work is primarily based in the outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions and frequently requires the following physical abilities:
Atlas Energy, L.P.is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any applicant in any manner prohibited by law or Atlas EEO Policy.
- Repetitive Arm/Hand Movement
- Lifting & Carrying 10 - 25 lbs.
Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ARP) is an E&P master limited partnership active in oil and gas production in the Barnett Shale in...