Leasing Consultant - twin cities Minneapolis - New hope- Brooklyn Center
Bilingual English - Spanish is a plus!
NOW INTERVIEWING - IMMEDIATE OFFERS FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATE - POSITION AVAILABLE NOW!
PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
This position is a support position that requires travel within the areas mention above
The Leasing Consultant is responsible for coordinating all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins and move-outs, and
lease renewals. This position is also responsible for interacting directly with prospective and current residents to achieve
maximum occupancy and ensure resident retention.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Generates and handles traffic, qualifies prospective residents, leases apartments, prepares lease documentation,
and completes move-in paperwork and procedures.
- Ensures model apartments are in touring condition.
- Orients prospective and current residents to the property.
- Processes renewal paperwork and ensures documentation is delivered to current residents on a monthly basis.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of traffic activity by entering applicable information into the computer.
- Follows up with all prospective residents via phone, mail or email.
- Converts phone traffic into scheduled appointments with prospective residents in order to tour the community.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all
- Inspects apartments prior to resident move-ins and ensures apartments are in move-in condition by coordinating
move-in/out needs and schedules with maintenance team.
- Creates and maintains confidential resident files, which includes reviewing move-in paperwork with new residents.
- Completes weekly leasing reports in accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensures all open and close procedures are completed daily.
- Assists with ongoing resident relations throughout occupant's tenancy by ensuring occupant's requests are responded to
promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Assists with processing work order requests for residents and ensures work is completed in a timely manner.
- Supports management by providing clerical support such as answering phone calls, filing, and processing property
invoices, as needed.
- May be asked to assist with planning and implementing resident activities in order to increase resident retention.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable
local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous sales experience preferred; 1 year of previous residential leasing experiencing is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to use a personal computer and has working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, or other
types of on-site accounting software.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, 10-key, and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical and accounting functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend reports.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Have a car and insurance
email your resume orby fax 1-888-252-0561
Indeed - 17 months ago