The Leasing Agent is responsible for contributing to the Company’s following core initiatives; net operating income, funds from operations, occupancy and merchandising.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Produce the targeted annual number of leasing transactions. Use all related Leasing systems and programs in an effective manner.
- Strategically maximize rent and multiple deal negotiations with individual accounts.
- Prospect for new tenants.
- Execute and manage the merchandising plan for focus center(s).
- Actively participate with other departments in the store opening process, (i.e. Tenant Coordination, Lease Administration, Operations, etc.).
- Proper and consistent use of all department systems and programs.
- Ensure prudent use of the Company’s financial resources, (i.e. travel, entertainment, etc).
- Use Individual Development Plan to target skill sets and competencies, which will enhance productivity.
- Engage and cooperate with employees in other departments to maximize efficiencies in leasing systems and programs.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to deal and communicate effectively with all levels of employees and customers
- Must have the ability to develop an “Ownership” attitude, concerning leasing strategies and disciplines from a business and legal position
- Ability to understand the current and future impact of all negotiated decisions
- Must have strong selling skills
- Must have effective negotiating and closing skills that support the Company’s business philosophies
- Ability to multitask
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have effective one-on-one and group presentation skills
- Must use judgment and discretion to make the appropriate decision regarding merchandising at different locations
- Must be courteous, respectful and present a positive and professional image and attitude at all times
Experience and Training
- Minimum of 1 -2 years of retail real estate leasing experience is required
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of retail operations or merchandising experience is preferred
- 1 to 2 years of commercial real estate experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications or similar field is required or equivalent education and experience
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to handle documents and files
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be able to work under short-term deadlines and work under stress
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to drive
- Ability to attend client meetings, sometimes on short notice
- Must be able to travel frequently; local and out-of-state travel is required, via air and car
- Ability to navigate an entire shopping center on a daily basis, including navigating multiple levels
- Strong visual and audio acuity is required