The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of the leading nonprofit developers of mixed-income housing in the United States. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. We realize our mission by developing, financing and operating high-quality housing and implementing neighborhood self-help initiatives to drive economic opportunity for our residents. Since 1964, we have constructed or preserved more than 320 affordable and mixed-income housing developments and secured more than $2.5 billion in project financing from public and private sources. Today, we own or manage more than 10,000 apartments in 14 states and Washington, D.C. We are headquartered in Boston with regional hubs in Chicago and Washington.
The leasing agent must be knowledgeable, friendly, energetic and have a dynamic personality. The leasing agent’s role is primarily a sales position with a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction, meeting goals, and achieving results. As a leasing agent, you will be responsible for the sales process from start to finish, minimizing vacancies, maximizing occupancy, maximizing tenant retention, creating or assisting with the annual marketing plan, implementing it and making adjustments as needed. Through by providing excellent customer service, following up with leads and helping current residents resolve problems as they arise, you will become the face of the property. The leasing agent is also the concierge of the community; they must know their surrounding community, and be able to sell it. This position reports directly to the Property Manager or Leasing Manager.
- Greet, pre-qualify, build rapport, follow up and close the lease with prospects for phone, email and site visit traffic
- Responsible for community and apartment tours, handling objections and selling features and benefits of the neighborhood and the property
- Understand and implement site’s leasing criteria in order to pre-qualify and process applicants
- Ensure that rental applications are processed in a timely manner and work with relevant staff to ensure that the verification process is completed in a timely manner
- Process appropriate denial/ineligible letters in a timely manner and in accordance with TCB policy
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date waiting and transfer lists (if applicable), including purging by TCB policy
- Maintain prospect, applicant and resident data, utilizing TCB standardized forms from guest cards to lease files and entering data from these forms into site logs as required
- Compile reports with traffic/leasing information, work order information and area info as needed for upper management
- Conduct rent comp studies quarterly or as required by the Property Manager
- Assist in developing marketing plans including events, internet ads, print ads, outreach, marketing copy, order marketing materials, placing ads and submitting for approval to TCB’s marketing department
- Collect application fees and deposits as applicable
- Responsible for completing the lease package for each rental, including renewals as applicable, renewal notices and questionnaires.
- Complete all follow up including prospects within 24 hours of initial contact/visit and new resident follow up within 30 days after move-in
- Schedule and perform move-in orientations and inspections and maintain resident handbook
- Responsible for the appeal of the rental office show unit and all made-ready vacants
- Schedule leasing office hours in order to meet the expected results, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Understand and adhere to the AFHMP (Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan), as applicable.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct in all situations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist occupancy specialist as needed and as time permits
- May be requested to complete special projects as assigned
- Self starter, self motivated and requiring minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Must demonstrate strong sales, customer service, organizational, multi-tasking, communication skills and the ability to close the deal
- Attention to detail required
- Understands the impact of the first impression and follow up as integral elements of leasing
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines (training provided)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the building or site.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Must work under deadlines and ability to meet deadlines.
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- High-school education or above
- Prior experience of at least one year in leasing, sales, or hospitality industry
Hourly Rate: $12/hr plus commission
The Community Builders - 13 months ago