We are looking for Leasing Associates for our beautiful Carmel communities in the Arlington, VA & Camp Spring, MD areas. In brief summary, the Leasing Associate is responsible for leasing apartments to potential residents, while selling community services & providing outstanding customer service to current and prospective residents. The Leasing Associate is also responsible for preparing and explaining lease paperwork to new and renewing residents.
Successful Leasing Associates will be highly motivated “people people” who enjoy providing superior customer service and are sales focused. A responsible individual who is detailed oriented, organized and able to multitask. MRI or other property management software knowledge preferred.
Please note that weekends are required and the ideal candidate is adaptable and has exceptional sales and customer service skills.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a professional, friendly, and inviting atmosphere in the leasing office and clubhouses
- Consistently works to optimize occupancy by leasing available units and maintaining positive relationships with current residents to ensure lease renewal
- Professionally demonstrates community by showing all available amenities, model apartment(s) and available apartments
- Immediately processes resident applications, ensuring all documentation is complete and meets company qualifications prior to handing off to supervisor for approval (credit check, employment verification and landlord references must be completed to company standard)
- Prepares all leases/move-in packets for new residents in an accurate and timely manner and arranges for lease signing by new residents prior to move-in
- Accurately maintains prospect, traffic and rental record logs and all pertinent leasing data
- Maintains thorough and accurate product knowledge of the community and that of the major competitors through site visits, tours, shops, telephone surveys and follow-ups
- Ensures the entire office environment is professional, clean, well organized and meets all safety standards at all times by maintaining office operation standards
- Works with colleagues and Leasing Manager or Community Manager to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies
- Physically inspects property when out on grounds and picks up litter as needed, letting Grounds and Maintenance staff know of any possible issues
- Accepts service requests from current residents and coordinates completion with Maintenance staff, following up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Other tasks as requested by Management
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years in sales, customer service, or related field
- Experience in Residential Leasing/Sales required
- Previous experience with MRI Property Management Operating and Information system is a plus
- Proficient with computers, Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and email, and other relevant applications
- Proficient with basic office equipment such as copier and fax machine
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding orientation for customer-service
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong ability to influence others
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain organization between multiple offices
- Frequently alternates between sitting, walking and standing
- Repetitive use of telephone, computer, keyboard and mouse
- Constant reading and comprehending, writing, communicating orally and reasoning
- Occasional climbing stairs, squatting, bending at neck/waist and twisting at neck/waist