The Leasing Consultant is primarily responsible for renting apartment units to prospective residents. Answers phone and email inquiries from prospective residents and uses standard sales techniques to encourage a visit to the community. Meets with prospective residents and checks the availability of units that best fit their desires and budget. Shows apartments and the overall community to prospective residents; explains other amenities of living at the community; uses standard sales closing methods to sell the prospective resident on MAA.
Responsibilities: Takes all needed information from prospective residents after they have indicated a desire to move to the property; completes all paperwork and data entry associated with leasing activities. Contacts prospective resident of approval/disapproval; assists them in completing the lease and receives initial rent and deposit payments; assists new residents with the move-in process. Prepares and maintains a file for each resident. Contacts residents with expiring leases to discuss renewals and encourages the renewal of the lease. Assists others in marketing efforts in the community to promote the property positively and to help bring in prospective residents. This includes implementing and carrying out marketing efforts such as outside marketing calls. Takes resident calls for service or other needs and forwards to the appropriate staff members; writes work orders for service; promotes good resident relations through courteous and timely response to resident needs and concerns. Answers outside phone calls and greets visitors. Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
All MAA associates must successfully clear a background investigation to include but may not be limited to: criminal background check, pre-employment drug screening and an employment verification process. Flexibility to adapt to a varied work schedule, including weekends, after hours and some holidays is required.
At MAA, our employees are just as important to us as our residents. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs. Additional benefits are achieved the longer you are with us, such as increased paid time off and increased discounts on insurance premiums. Here are just a few of the benefits MAA offers:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Apartment Discount
- Holidays, Sick and Paid Time Off
- Tuition and Certification Reimbursement
- MAA Sons & Daughters Scholarship Fund
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Above average ability to communicate with clients and with co-workers both verbally and in writing
- Basic personal computer skills and ability to learn specialized software.
- Skill to convince prospective residents of the advantages of living at a community by sales closing methods.
- Knowledge of the work of other associates at a property.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required.
- Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements, especially related to Federal and Local Fair Housing Laws.
- Ability to travel off-site for training courses and outside marketing
High school diploma and one year of working experience in a position that primarily requires customer service. Basic personal computer skills. Experience in leasing or other sales positions is preferred.
MAA - 7 months ago
We believe it is only through our greatest asset, our associates, that we transform properties into communities, and apartments into homes....