is an exciting position to hold within MAA. Often the Leasing Consultant is the first contact a prospective resident will have with one of our 160+ apartment communities or the company. As the first impression of the community it is important for the Leasing Consultant to understand the value of strong customer service, sales techniques and how to overcome objections.
This valuable position is primarily a sales position that works under the supervision of the Community Leader along with guidance of others. The primary duty of a Leasing Consultant is to provide apartment homes to prospective residents by using successful sales and closing techniques. There are however many other rewarding job duties for the Leasing Consultant to manage. An example of the responsibilities would be assisting with resident move-ins, working with residents to renew their current lease, and implementing external marketing for the community.
MAA provides all newly hired Leasing Consultants with training at the corporate offices to ensure every opportunity for success. Medical, Time off, Apartment Discount are some of the other benefits offered and can be reviewed in detail under benefits on the MAA website.
All MAA associates must successfully clear a background investigation to include but may not be limited to criminal, drug and employment verification. Weekend and after hours work may be required.
- Above average verbal and written communication.
- Computer skills.
- Software knowledge preferably MRI.
- Sales techniques; closing techniques; overcoming objections.
- Open to cross-training with co-workers and job duties.
- Flexibility to adapt to a varied work schedule, including weekends, after hours and some holidays as required.
- Knowledge in industry legal requirements, especially related to federal and local Fair Housing Laws.
- 1 year work experience in customer service and/or sales.
- Basic computer skills.
- High School diploma.
MAA - 2 years ago