The Leasing Consultant position is an exciting position to hold within MAA. Often, the Leasing Consultant is the first contact a prospective resident will have with one of our 160+ apartment communities. As the first impression of the community, it is important for the Leasing Consultant to understand the value of providing strong customer service, effective sales techniques and how to overcome objections.
This valuable position is primarily a sales position that works under the supervision of the Community Leader along with guidance of others. The primary duty of a Leasing Consultant is to provide apartment homes to prospective residents by using successful sales and closing techniques. There are however, many other rewarding job duties for the Leasing Consultant. An example of the responsibilities would be assisting with resident move-ins, working with residents to renew their current leases, and implementing external marketing strategies for the community.
MAA provides all newly hired Leasing Consultants with training at the corporate offices to ensure every opportunity for success.All MAA associates must successfully clear a background investigation to include but may not be limited to: criminal background check, pre-employment drug screening and an employment verification process. Must be flexible to adapt to a varied work schedule, including weekends, after hours and some holidays as required.
At MAA, our employees are just as important to us as our residents. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs. Additional benefits are achieved the longer you are with us, such as increased paid time off and increased discounts on insurance premiums. Here are just a few of the benefits MAA offers:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Apartment Discount
- Holidays, Sick and Paid Time Off
- Tuition and Certification Reimbursement
- MAA Sons & Daughters Scholarship Fund
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Requires above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with software knowledge, preferably MRI.
- Skilled in sales techniques; closing techniques and overcoming objections.
- Must be open to cross-training with co-workers and job duties.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of industry legal requirements, especially related to federal and local Fair Housing Laws.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year work experience in customer service and/or sales required.
- Basic computer skills.
MAA - 8 months ago
Maa Designs focus on delivering professional iPad application development services, using innovative tools and technologies to meet business...