A Seattle based professional Property Management Company is seeking for a full-time Leasing Consultant for an apartment community, located in Lynnwood, WA.
At the direction of the Community Manager, the Leasing Consultant will be responsible for the rental of apartments, assist with on and off-site marketing, maintain courteous communication with residents and assist in the processing of rental applications. The Leasing Consultant will also help to ensure that the property is maintained at all times in good physical condition and all company policies are implemented consistently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets prospects.
• To present professionally the features and benefits of their assigned community and properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons.
• Maintain a professional, yet friendly atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and residents meet.
• Daily inspection of models and "market ready" vacancies daily to insure cleanliness and readiness.
• Answer incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a prospective call, irate resident, service request, etc.
• Maintain a strong closing ratio and assist in the timely processing of rental applications.
• Contributes ideas to and assists the manager for marketing the property and for improving resident satisfaction and retention.
• Correctly completes all lease applications, verifications and notifies prospective residents of results.
• Prepare and execute lease paperwork, including relating addenda.
• Assist in initiating work orders and follow-through for completion.
• Be knowledgeable and able to assist on scheduling preparation of units for occupancy.
• Maintains awareness of current local market conditions and trends.
• Works with lease renewals each month.
• Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on a daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents. Issues appropriate notices when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year of leasing experience in property management.
· TECHNOLOGY: At least 1 year of experience using Yardi property management software preferred.
· COMMUNICATION: Ability to read and interpret documents such as lease agreements, community policies and company guidelines. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· AVAILABILITY: Must be willing and available to work Saturdays and Sundays. Working weekends will be required.
Compensation includes competitive wage DOE, bonuses, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, life insurance, Aflac, paid time off, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Must consent to and pass a post-offer/pre-employment criminal background check and drug test
Have you registered yet?
Resource Management - 5 months ago