Now hiring Leasing Consultant at Class A apartment community in Williamsburg, VA.
A Leasing Consultant reports directly to the Property Manager. The Leasing Consultant is the company’s on-site representative when the Manager and/or Assistant Manager are not present; therefore, they should possess the same professional qualities.
Responsible for demonstrating and leasing apartments/space through use of effective selling techniques; for a thorough knowledge of market, including knowledge of competition and analysis of market data, and for prospect generation through effective newspaper advertising, direct mail, outside presentations to local companies, and prospect follow-up.
Effective verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of general office procedures is necessary. Experience in marketing or sales is a plus.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies/procedures, Fair Housing, American with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to housing.
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and residents meet.
- Inspect models and "market ready" vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Physically inspect community when on grounds, pick up litter and report any service needs to maintenance staff. Inspect move-ins, move-outs and vacancies.
- Conduct all marketing/leasing skills as trained.
- Develops thorough knowledge of the product, as well as the rental community.
- Develops knowledge of rental policies and procedures as well as daily administrative requirements of the management office.
- Assists Property Manager in the development and implementation of promotional programs, including creative newspaper advertising, direct mail campaign and resident referral program.
- Generates leads through cold calling on corporations.
- Develop and implement monthly marketing plan.
- Greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, and professionally present community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Answer incoming phone calls and handle each call accordingly, whether it is a prospect call, resident, service request, etc.
- Complete Guest Card information form on all prospective residents, send thank-you notes and perform follow-up.
- Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective residents of results. Type miscellaneous resident communication as needed.
- Complete all lease paperwork including related addendums and accept rents and deposits.
- Maintains resident retention programs.
- Work with lease renewals each month.
- Acquires thorough knowledge of property accounting procedures.
- Assist Property Manager in preparation of daily and weekly reports, resident communications, move-out inventory, market survey, etc.
- Organize and file appropriate reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Inventory office supplies on periodic basis. Report needs to Property Manager.
- Attend company meeting when requested.
- Conform to company-approved dress code.
- Performs all other responsibilities as directed.
This is an entry level marketing position. Training on policy and procedures about the company are learned through on-the-job training where less supervision will be required as individual becomes more knowledgeable and proficient in the job. Individual must enjoy dealing with people. Position requires weekend and possible holiday work. Computer skills are required.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard