Apply Now To This Position
General & Administrative
Job Location :
District Heights, MD
FTR- Full Time
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Market the community to prospective residents and referral sources.
- Show and lease apartments and maintain a high closing ratio.
- Qualify prospective residents, assist current residents with lease renewals, and rent collection.
- Maintain accurate and timely leasing reports as required, along with daily Yardi input.
- Respond to resident inquiries and service needs, referring to other staff members or management as appropriate to ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain strict adherence to the federal Fair Housing Act, which prohibits "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make such preference, limitation or discrimination” and other applicable regulations.
- Keep Property Manager informed of any information that could affect property operations.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the competition and provide Property Manager with up to date market information.
- Ability to access all areas of the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous sales or leasing experience preferred.
- NCHM COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and experience, or ability and commitment to obtain COS certification at the next available course offering.
- TCS (Tax Credit Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and experience, or ability and commitment to obtain TCS certification at the next available course offering.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls from current and prospective residents.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and property management software.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess and maintain a valid in-state driver’s license.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login:
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...