Real Estate enthusiasts!!! Here is your chance to dig deeper and learn about the industry from those that participate in it on a daily basis, and to discover that you made the right choice in wanting to be a part of a complex, dynamic yet exciting industry!
As a leader in the real estate industry, CSM tirelessly develops, supports, and offers the opportunity for our interns to be a part of something big! If our goals mirror your own, be ready to fulfill your potential while engaging with some of the most outstanding people within the organization.
Working as a leasing intern with CSM, you will learn the art of the transaction, most especially within commercial and residential properties.
This position is responsible for participating in the marketing, sourcing, analyzing, negotiating and closing leasing transactions in the CSM office and industrial portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leasing: Assist the VP of Leasing and Senior Leasing Representative in the leasing of office & industrial vacancies and renewals by initiating contact with prospective tenants and existing tenants with expiring leases. Coordinate and conduct showings with potential tenants, compose and submit lease agreement proposals. Assist leasing representative in preparation and verification of legal documents associated with new leases and lease renewals. Assertively conduct mailings, follow-up calls and proactively searching for and contacting potential tenants. Make cold calls to brokers and potential space users and provide pertinent space availability information on office/industrial vacancies.
2. Marketing: Provide up to date market information. Develop tracking and budgeting information as required. Assist in the development, maintenance and enhancement of the CSM commercial marketing standards that are consistent with commercial development, leasing, and/or acquisitions. Assist in the design of specific pieces assigned by the leasing group to include creating signage, brochures, ads and flyers for all CSM commercial properties. Frequently audit the commercial section of the CSM Corporation website (and other listing websites) for accuracy. On a project basis, as directed by the leasing group, evaluate and design marketing programs for broker events and new properties.
3. Tenant Relations/Retention: Respond to and assess all needs relating to tenant issues in a prompt manner, including, but not limited to, site visits, lease interruptions and possible expansion/downsizing issues. Contact tenants on a regular basis to guarantee satisfaction. Attend annual tenant socials; recognize anniversary dates by giving gifts or holding parties and sending annual holiday gifts.
4. Client Satisfaction: Maintain and develop internal and external customer relationships through effective communication, responding to requests in a timely and professional manner.
5. Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Support/participate the operations team when needed. Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills. Promote collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Adhere and uphold all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Networking: Must be comfortable networking with other industry brokers and deal makers and attend industry programs, events, and CSM promotions.
Education: In pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, or related program.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 0 - 2 years’ experience in commercial property marketing and leasing industry.
• Software proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Must be creative, have the ability to work independently with a sense of urgency.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, be enthusiastic, and have strong analytical computer skills.
• Must have the ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
HOURS: Willing to accommodate school schedule
Transportation: Parking allowance provided
CSM Corporation - 19 months ago