Perform duties to implement marketing plan, qualify and document prospective residents, lease vacant units, implement move-ins, process renewal and recertification documentation, and provide resident services, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
1. Responsible for all aspects of leasing and marketing to prospective residents.
2. Prepare the property for business, walk the property and make adjustments or report on elements that are unsightly or are in need of repair. Unlock models and clubhouse and check for cleanliness and welcoming environment. Ensure that collateral and signage are available to potential residents.
3. Greet prospective residents and determine for which program they will qualify based on number of persons in household and income levels. Show models, amenities, and features, and communicate the benefits of residency, rent and deposit information.
4. Take applications, initiate file, and ensure that all documentation is provided for certification process including birth certificates, employment, pay, and bank account verifications. Expedite missing items as required. Ensure that applications and required documents are complete, verify that information provided is consistent with validated data, and that all elements are prepared in compliance with policy, statutory, and tax credit requirements. Enter all required information into computer system. Issue documentation for approval by credit department.
5. Assign units based on inventory and qualifications and notify potential residents of acceptance of application. Print leases, arrange for proper execution of leases and related documents. Collect rents, deposits and bonds as required. Inspect assigned units with resident at move in and document requirements for repair. Issue keys and amenity passes, and explain requirements, rules, and regulations to new residents.
6. Provide resident services, respond to inquiries and enter work orders in computer system. Track and discharge completed work orders in computer system and file hard copy documentation.
7. Collect rent payments from residents. Ensure that amount paid is accurate. Issue late rent notices and contact residents personally to collect late rent payments. Hand deliver notices to residents regarding actions to be taken related to rules infractions or past due rents or fees.
8. Communicate with residents regarding renewal of leases and recertification of eligibility. Explain requirements, collect and validate documentation, and prepare forms to process and file renewals and recertifications in compliance with policy and statutory requirements.
9. File documentation including work orders, notifications, documents received for pending applications or certifications, and other items in defined files and locations.
10. Respond to resident complaints associated with community issues. Investigate, resolve, and follow up with residents to ensure satisfaction of concerns.
11. Participate in programs designed to promote assigned property in the community. Assess comparable prices, specials, and amenities. Communicate with local employers, locators, other property managers, and residents, attend job fairs and other events to promote incentives and market the property. Recommend the implementation of creative marketing opportunities.
12. Assist to implement and execute resident activities including parties, orientations, training programs, and required resident service functions including job training, HOME seminars, health fairs, and financial counseling.
Knowledge of general business, leasing, and property management routines. Equivalent to high school plus some additional specialized training.
Over one and up to three years to become familiar with company procedures and policies and related property leasing and resident services issues.
Concord Management Ltd. - 20 months ago