If you’re upbeat, positive and want to make a real difference in people’s lives, then you’ll be on fire as our leasing professional – who does much more than simply sell. This diverse role combines sales, customer service and marketing to lease apartment homes to interested prospects. You will lease incredible apartments in our amazing communities through product demonstration and strategic marketing. Making residents feel at home is another aspect of your position, with responsibilities that include maintaining high levels of resident satisfaction and retention. You’ll also get to demonstrate your marketing prowess through web advertising and inquiries as well as keep tabs on competitors through telephone surveys and onsite visits. While many sales jobs require lots of paperwork, Gables proprietary online community management systems make lease paperwork and leasing reports an easy task. Service-minded individuals thrive in this position, as do those who enjoy selling a product that they can truly be proud of representing.
- Maintain superior customer service relationship as per Gables 10 Pledges of Customer Service
- Adhere to company Standard Operating Procedures
- Lease apartments and sell property’s products and services to prospects
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls and conduct property tours following the guidelines outlined in the mystery shop forms
- Work to optimize occupancy while maximizing effective leased rent
- Utilize established sales and marketing strategies to increase property traffic, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of major competition
- Accurately prepare and be thoroughly knowledgeable about all lease-related paperwork
- Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data; assist with other computer data entry as necessary
- Deliver resident gifts; inspect units to ensure readiness for move-ins
- Plan, schedule and organize resident functions as needed; assist with planning and hosting of others
- Audit all lease and renewal files for key controls and bonus submission to the community manager
- Review guest cards to ensure entry into the community management system; follow-up entry into system and monitor traffic trends
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
Each job duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent is required
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions
- No specific previous experience required
- Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Our community staffing limitations make it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
- Ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions
- Team oriented with ability to work independently on occasion
- Superior sales skills
- Leaderships skills and coaching ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy
Learning and Development
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Expanded knowledge of Internet marketing
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn and operate company software programs
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
- Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards
Lion Gables Residential Trust (LGRT) is a privately-owned real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns, develops, and manages apartment...