The Ohio Program of Intensive English ( OPIE ) at Ohio University, Athens, seeks applicants for a Lecturer position. One or more positions are available contingent upon sufficient enrollment and funding.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Teach up to twelve classroom hours per week in the Ohio Program of Intensive English ( OPIE ).
Assist in course development, test construction, and/or materials creation.
Participate in testing, placement and student orientation duties at the beginning and end of each quarter.
Participate in academic and social activities for students and programs.
Attend faculty meetings and maintain appropriate office hours.
Participate in program leadership and development activities.
Possibility of reduced teaching load or extra stipend for mutually agreed upon additional program responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Lecturer position is renewable for up to three years with potential for Continuing Lecturer status thereafter pending satisfactory performance and available funding.
- M.A. in TESL /Applied Linguistics or related field
- A minimum of Three years of post M.A. experience in a university intensive English program
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching ESL
- Willingness to teach all levels of and skills in Academic ESL
- Willingness to contribute to the development of the ESL programs
- Collegial, professional demeanor
- Native-like English language proficiency
- Proven ability to communicate with diverse constituencies, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Interest in one of the following areas (please indicate in application):
- technology applications for language teaching
- student support services and social activities
- curriculum development
- testing and placement
- involvement in special programs
- other (please specify and explain)
Proficiency in or experience studying a second language. International travel or overseas living experience
Ohio University - 7 months ago