Advancement Project, a national racial justice organization, seeks a Legal Administrative Assistant to work with its legal and program team in the WashingtonD.C. office. We are seeking an experienced/seasoned assistant with experience in dealing with multiple attorneys and program staff in a fast-paced environment.
Scheduling appointment requests, both internal and external
- Manage day-to-day functions of the legal and program team in a manner that provides maximum support in all facets of Advancement Project's work; and
- Manage program managers' schedules electronically and on paper; which includes:
Setting up and confirming all appointments
Scheduling, planning and coordinating meetings
Preparing meeting folders with logistical and briefing materials
Prompting the legal team and managers at the beginning and ending of appointments
Overseeing calendars/long-term scheduling
Maintain overall organizational group calendar.
- Participate in daily calls or meetings as directed by a member of the legal team and provide relevant information summaries regarding completed and follow-up tasks;
- Prepare the agenda and schedule bi-weekly management team meetings;
- Assist legal team with various written communications, including drafting letters and memos; and
- Provides clerical support to legal and program team including:
Screen and process incoming telephone calls
Drafting, editing, producing correspondence
Maintaining updated contacts database
Copying, scanning, and faxing as needed
Track team members expenses
Assist in tracking and reconciling Advancement Project credit card accounts
Assist with coordination of special projects and programs as needed
Maintain filing systems;
- Create and edit custom PowerPoint presentations;
- Manage document production;
- Prepare and update Excel spreadsheets as necessary;
- Coordinate all travel, hotel, car rental and shuttle accommodations on an as needed basis.
Be proactive by anticipating the needs of staff's needs.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative work experience
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive social change
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of discretion in dealing with confidential materials
- Must be a proven team member
- Excellent proofing and editing skills
- Good work habits: ability to prioritize tasks, learn independently, take initiative, and work with little supervision
- Must be flexible and able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Excellent telephone manners
- Highly organized; good judgment in setting priorities
- Flexible and able to work in highly demanding, multitask environment with changing priorities;
- Team player; excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of management within Advancement Project and its staff, as well as with outside constituencies
- Discrete, proactive, collegial, positive thinker
- Tenacious; able "to get things done"
- Strong research and analytical skills;