Husch Blackwell LLP is a full service law firm with approximately 600 attorneys firmwide representing a wide variety of personal and professional backgrounds. We have an immediate opening for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our Omaha, NE office.
The Legal Administrative Assistant performs a variety of complex administrative and clerical functions in support of multiple attorney(s)/timekeeper(s). Key work involves correspondence, filing, time entry and client contact. Other duties include:
- Prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Operate office equipment including PCs, printers, phones, copiers, facsimiles and typewriters.
- Support timekeepers by making meeting and travel arrangements.
- Type correspondence and legal documentation; includes transcription.
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, coding and organizing documents, and entering client billable time.
- Open new files, request conflict checks.
- Read, sort and date incoming mail, and ensure that outgoing mail is delivered.
- Cope successfully with demands from timekeepers, remaining calm under pressure.
- Conduct all business in a confidential manner.
- Evaluate situations to determine the appropriate action.
- Utilize firm resources effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
- High School Diploma or GED required; 2-year degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ relevant legal assistance experience required.
- Familiarity with document production, court filing, litigation pleadings and court rules is preferred.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous transcription experience.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
To apply: please send a cover letter, including salary requirement, and résumé to:
. EOE. No agency calls please.
Husch Blackwell - 17 months ago
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with 600 attorneys. Our Government Contracts Practice Group is one of...