Position: Legal Administrative Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
Compensation: $18.00 per hour; Full benefits offered
SDSE has an immediate opening for a Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the legal office at the Department of Energy (DOE) located in Washington, DC (near L'Enfant Plaza). Provides support in carrying out the docket, filing and publication activities. Assists in processing newly submitted and pending cases, performing case tracking, and arranging for the publication and dissemination of decisions and other correspondence issued by the office.
- Performs legal research in the area of hearings and appeals. Reviews SOPs, policy directives, DOE issuances and other procedures pertaining to the work of the office. Makes necessary corrections to case file deficiencies; drafts and edits non-legal memoranda, reports, and correspondence relating to cases.
- Uses Legal Files case management software systems to perform critical docket functions in a paperless environment. Uses Legal Files software to: (1) input legal case information, (2) organize and disseminate supplemental document workflow received, (3) perform case tracking and monitoring, (4) issue and disseminate office decisions and other documents, (5) prepare administrative records of cases adjudicated. Utilizes documents scanning equipment to convert documents into electronic format for adaptable Legal Files input.
- Maintains an action log for all actions for the organization. Maintains historical files of previous legal cases. Keeps supervisor and appropriate personnel informed on the disposition of all pending and completed actions. Prepares documents and routine office correspondence. Operates a computer terminal and a variety of application software to produce documents in final form. Utilizes a computer terminal and a variety of software to perform the general administrative functions and procedures.
- Reviews incoming regulations and other documents pertaining to the work of the organization. Prepares and updates organization SOPs to include changes and additions. Performs a variety of tasks related to administrative functions and procedures.
- Provides general clerical and administrative support services as needed, i.e. assists with organizing various files, addressing and stuffing envelopes, coordinating events, etc.
- Coordinates projects and meetings as needed.
- Provides MS Office support.
- Provides office management assistance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Prior research and/or administrative support experience in the legal field required.
- Must have proven records/file management experience, with both physical and electronic files. Experience with the Legal Files case management software preferred.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a government agency preferred, but not required.
- Must be a skilled professional with a positive attitude.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE provides award-winning professional services that deliver effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful. SDSE has a proven record of enhancing government and business operations within the core competencies of: Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services.
SDSE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and believes that diversity in the workplace is key to the success of a growing business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.