This person in this position will review and draft confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, and other legal documents such as clinical trial agreements and consultation service agreements. This position will report to the Vice President of ACHRI.
Legal Document Preparation and Review
- Review and/or draft confidentiality agreements with research sponsors and for patent related matters.
- Review and/or draft material transfer agreements.
- Draft, review and negotiate clinical study agreements to protect the rights of ACHRI and the research subjects.
- Draft legal memoranda, contracts and other legal instruments including clinical trial agreements, affiliation agreements, and consultation service agreements.
- Coordinate activity (including contractual matters) relating to patents, invention disclosures, license agreements, confidentiality agreements and any other technology transfer activities with the appropriate UAMS Office.
- Interact with research faculty to capture early stage technology for invention disclosures and licensing
- Provide counsel and advice to the ACHRI staff on legal or regulatory aspects related to ACHRI.
- Advise staff, as requested, to respond to inquiries; and prepare periodic updates for staff members alerting them to significant legal/regulatory matters.
- Work with the Arkansas Children's Hospital Chief General Counsel, and counsel for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, as needed, on ACHRI legal or regulatory issues.
- Participate in negotiations with third parties regarding contracts and conflict resolution, as needed.
- Provide information and work with ACH Chief General Counsel on any issues that involve litigation and the research institute.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
• Field of Study: Juris Doctor
3 years total experience required
which includes 3 years of Experience and training which provides knowledge of state and federal laws with particular attention to nonprofit laws, contract laws and knowledge of federal and state laws governing research activities and of the roles and authority of applicable regulatory agencies. experience
1 year legal experience with health care and/or scientific research experience
Attorney License: (AR)
• Candidate must possess at time of hire
Budget management; intermediate Microsoft Office skills; facilitation/presentation skills; leadership; industry understanding; negotiation; organization; project management; relationship building; verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in person and by telephone. Ability to analyze, appraise, and organize
Ability to analyze, appraise, and organize facts and applicable laws, court and administrative decisions, and regulations, and to present such information clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, to legal and non-legal persons and groups
Ability to prepare, review and comment on the propriety and implication of a variety of legal documents and instruments.
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 17 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...