As a Legal Assistant you will: provide assistance to the legal staffs of assigned functional areas by performing some or all of the duties and responsibilities shown below.
- Primary responsibility for controlling, processing and monitoring deadlines on legal cases via multiple database systems;
- Reviews incoming legal documents from courts and other sources and determines actions needed to ensure compliance;
- Inputs critical due date and completion date information into complex case tracking databases;
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies with the data contained in the systems to ensure the accuracy of database information;
- Examines legal documents and files for completeness and to ensure that all procedural requirements have been met;
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
You must meet the following basic qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. GS-07 LEVEL: To qualify for this position at this grade level, you must have at least one year (12 months) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 grade level in the federal service. Examples of experience qualifying as specialized include but are not limited to: controlling, processing and monitoring documents for input into case tracking systems; reviewing legal documents to determine regulatory requirements and ensuring that deadlines are entered into case tracking systems; reviewing reports to monitor due dates and workflow.
WASHINGTON - The Internal Revenue Service today released new withholding tables that will result in more take-home pay this spring for...