This position is located in the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate (SJA) of the Joint Force Headquarters (Montana).
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS NOT REQUIRED
This position is for a National Guard Non-Dual status (NDS) technician only. The position meets the criteria of the NDS Management plan as follows: The position resides within the infrastructure and supports functions of the state National Guard; the incumbent is not subject to mobilization nor is the work described part of the military mission and the incumbent does not perform a key advisory or essential administration role that is inherently military. For this reason, veterans' preference is not used for hiring and retention. You may disregard any reference to questions or information contained in this announcement pertaining to veterans' preference.
This office provides legal assistance/advice to the Adjutant General and to Army and Air National Guard personnel. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an assistant, under the supervision of the SJA, in the administration and coordination of legal activities for the state. The incumbent provides technical and procedural guidance and support to unit commanders and legal personnel as required in the accomplishment of a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary for effective and efficient operation of the program.
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Résumé and supporting documents (See How to Apply)
- Add appropriate requirements
The major duties of the position include the following:
- Performing a variety of administrative/clerical support functions to insure the effective operation of the office and legal assistance program;
- Assisting with the preparation of a variety of legal documents including wills, powers of attorney, etc.;
- Preparing and/or reviewing documents relative to the administration of justice under the State Military Code and the Uniform Code of Military Justice;
- Providing technical and procedural guidance and legal assistance to National Guard members;
Tour of duty: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 0800 - 1700 hours
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 grade level of the Federal service that equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position at the GS-6 level. Such experience must have involved performing the following duties:
- Utilizing a office automation equipment and software applications to create and edit a variety of documents;
- Reviewing a variety of legal documents and choosing the appropriate course of action to be taken in addressing and/or processing such documents;
- Providing technical, procedural, and clerical assistance to a staff of legal professionals and/or members of the military
TYPING PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT: In addition to the minimum qualifications listed above, all applicants must be able to type at least 40 words per minute with 3 or fewer errors on a 5-minute timed test. You must certify your ability to meet this requirement on question 2 of the online assessment questionnaire that will be taken at the time you submit your application.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of legal documents, terminology, and procedures
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of office automation equipment and a variety of office automation
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Benefits: The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc .
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...