Jacobs Associates’ San Francisco office has an immediate opening for a full-time Legal Assistant. The responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support for 1 corporate attorney
- Assist corporate attorney with various responsibilities assigned to the legal department.
- Communicate and respond to internal clients in a substantive and professional manner.
- Prepare and maintain files, particularly electronic files pertaining to contract negotiation and litigation
- Administer legal holds
- Coordinate document production in connection with subpoenas and litigation, including production of electronically-stored information (ESI)
- assist with contract reviews
- Provide word processing support in connection with the drafting of contract documents
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy project files for legal department.
- Coordinate attorney travel
- Ensure compliance with company policies
- Assist in implementation of document retention policy
- Assist with the transition from hard copy to electronic filing system
- BS or Paralegal Certification preferred
- Minimum five years of experience as an administrative assistant, legal assistant, or paralegal in a law firm or corporate setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Jacobs Associates - 14 months ago