WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Assist with preparation and organization of legal documents (e.g., opening new files, processing motions, subpoenaing medical records, drafting routine pleadings)
- Provide assistance in litigation and project management
- Respond to client inquiries as directed by attorneys
- Comply with the Code of Professional Responsibility governing lawyer conduct and strictly observe standards of professional conduct and confidentiality
- Perform research and investigation on legal issues, and organizes and summarizes documents
- Assist attorneys in responding to inquiries from other State Farm departments and external associates
- Maintain computer databases to organize and store legal information
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Paralegal certification preferred
- Familiarity with local and state rules regarding pleadings and discovery
- Understanding of medical terminology, records, typical injuries and treatment
- Experience in collecting and summarizing medical records
- Legal writing skills and knowledge of proper format and citations
- Capable of drafting routine motions, discovery and legal memoranda
- Work well with moderate supervision and clearly defined tasks and priorities
- Understanding of Internet information resources and software applications; capable of developing greater automation expertise
ITEMS OF NOTE
5-7 years of legal and professional experience. Insurance defense experience is a plus.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm - 21 months ago
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the...