Legal bill analysts employ critical analysis to review high complexity documentation and billed charges for legal services provided by company retained counsel. The analyst will be provided training in workers’ compensation litigation procedures, as well as vended software programs and systems.
- Review legal bills in accordance with the Company’s Litigation and Billing Guidelines
- Screen for bills received in error
- Learn and use vended legal bill review software
- Gain and apply understanding of workers' compensation litigation practice
- Interact with law firm billing department and vended software personnel
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Education/Experience: Paralegal certificate, Associates or Bachelor’s degree; Experience in workers’ compensation, legal billing or legal bill review strongly preferred.
- Language Ability: Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents including legal bills, legal letters and documents, and claim notes. Able to respond to inquiries from claims personnel and external sources. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions with managers, clients, claimants, attorneys, medical providers, and others.
- Math Ability: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out verbal and written form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Able to quickly master proprietary and vended software applications.
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.