We currently have an internship available in our Legal Department. We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented student with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn. This will be excellent experience for a student or recent graduate looking to gain exposure to the legal process of a biotechnology company. The internship project will be approximately 2-3 months. Hours are flexible; approximately 20-25 hours/week is anticipated. This is not a laboratory position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Senior or Graduate student in chemistry (preferred), or biology degree program.
- Internal filing of patent documents and related correspondence; There will be exposure to the patent process, including patent preparation and prosecution, useful experience for a future patent agent or attorney.
- Internal filing of legal documents; exposure to legal documentation for Clinical Trials, labs and contractors.
- Document entry in the SharePoint Legal Database Management website.
- Carry out responsibilities and assignments safely and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties as may be necessary.
Interested in attending law school or business school.
Must possess strong writing skills.
Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic.
Proficient in standard Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Proficiency with Chem Draw would be a plus.
Ardea Biosciences - 23 months ago