The Legal Department Coordinator is responsible for processing administrative requests including but not limited to the processing of executed lease documents, monitoring of mail sent or received by Legal Department personnel and scanning or copying documents for retention records. The incumbent is responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for customer activity, updating and/or tracking milestones in the Online Antenna Site Information System (OASIS), sorting mail and scanning, notarizing and mailing to customers fully executed copies of lease agreements. The Coordinator interfaces with multiple teams within the U.S. Tower Legal Department, as well as the Data Management team, to ensure documents are properly transferred into the file library or sent to third parties. The incumbent will also provide administrative support for multiple U.S. Tower Legal Department groups, including TAPP, M&A, and others.
- Scan within two (2) days of execution, into online document retention system using provided naming convention system, all customers, real estate, acquisition or other documents.
- Mail requested documents to customer via national courier following document execution or prior to execution in situations where customer signature is required.
- Notarize and/or witness documents executed on behalf of American Tower.
- Coordinate receipt of department mail and distribute amongst team members.
- Assist paralegals with entry of milestone data into OASIS collocation tracking system, TAPP tracker or similar databases to track documents.
- Support contract data review projects by tracking and/or reviewing data.
- Track department milestone data using Cognos reporting system.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with all internal team members and external customers and maintain a high level of customer service, demonstrated through responsiveness and accountability for resolutions to issues.
- Provide administrative support for real estate-, legal- and M&A-related transactions.
- Administer department's incoming and outgoing mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and colleagues
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and function
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to identify solutions.
- Good follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and specifically the ability to create pivot tables and spreadsheets for data tracking; proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred
- Incumbent must be flexible and able to adjust to shifts in department priorities.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- Notary Public in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required within ninety (90) days of hire/transfer into position
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
No travel will be required in support of the positions responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The intent of this Job Description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a full listing of all duties and responsibilities.
Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
American Tower Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...