Posting Job Title: Legal Counsel
Requisition #: 142974BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Alternative Locations: United States - Virginia - Herndon;;
Area of Interest: Cloud Computing
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Reporting To: Associate General Counsel
Location: Herndon, VA
**NOTE: Only local candidates will be considered--Principals Only - NO AGENCIES
Who We Are:
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company , is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com.
What You Will Do in the Legal Counsel role:
The primary function of the Legal Counsel at NaviSite is to negotiate customer and vendor agreements for the company. This means you will work very closely with the Enterprise Sales team, including field sales executives and pre-sales solution architects providing legal advice and documentation on all aspects of the RFP and sales process including:
legal and regulatory compliance and risk assessment
work with other internal stakeholders to negotiate vendor agreements on behalf of the company
What We Are Looking for in a Legal Counsel candidate:
- 7-10 years prior Legal work experience.
- Experience with technology commercial contracts of all types (recurring revenue service agreements, software license sales both hosted and non-hosted, distribution agreements and vendor agreements).
- Experience within the managed hosting and cloud computing services industry.
- Experience working directly with a Sales Force, Finance and Operations teams within a technology company.
- Exceptional risk analysis skills; ability to clearly articulate and defend risk analysis.
- Must have strong legal drafting and negotiating skills.
- Prior experience working within a public company.
- Willingness to become an important member of the Legal team and be an expert in your domain.
- Experience with providing advice to subsidiaries in the UK.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and have a positive attitude towards problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to prioritize workload. Should have initiative in learning and taking over responsibilities pro-actively and be able to work independently.
- Prior law firm experience.
- JD from an accredited law school with admission to a state bar.
Job code: CB: 04/17/13
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...