This position will assist in mergers and acquisitions, including acquisitions of public and private company targets and divestitures of selected assets, with specific and particular focus on acquisitions of physician practices, home care companies, and other assets complementary to Humana’s core businesses.
- The individual will also assist in legal and compliance matters relating to the Board of Directors, Corporate Governance matters, various holding company and insurance company regulations, and the regulations of Sarbanes-Oxley, the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), the New York Stock Exchange for a Fortune 100, publicly traded, NYSE-listed company.
- The individual will also assist in the preparation of SEC filings/reports, assist in the Corporate Governance Program, build/maintain cross functional relationships with the Sr. Vice President & General Counsel and the executive staff, prepare/draft agreements to comply with state regulatory compliance matters, analyze equity compensation plans and issues, oversee equity compensation administration, oversee preparation/maintenance of corporate records (charters, bylaws, board minutes, biographical affidavits).
- Requires a high degree of initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Skilled facilitator with highly evolved organization and communications skills
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- J.D. Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years General Corporate and Transactional Legal Experience in a Law Firm or Corporate Legal Dept.
- Ideal candidates will have worked with executive level staff and will be able to demonstrate professionalism, be extremely articulate, and show excellent judgment
Work Environment Type
Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans for employer...