Provides assistance to the Legal Recruiting Department in implementing processes related to recruiting and hiring lawyers and with providing administrative support for the summer associate program and fall hiring season.
1. Inputs and updates candidate information, creates and runs reports and updates recruiting status and activities in the legal recruiting database, (currently LawCruit) for recruiting and tracking purposes for lateral and entry-level candidates.
2. Assists with the administrative support of the firm’s annual recruitment process, which includes the fall hiring season.
3. Ensures the integrity of the legal recruiting database (Lawcruit).
4. Generates interview schedules and assembles interview materials for candidates.
5. Enters recruiting information into the Legal Recruiting database.
6. Communicates information related to interviews to those internally involved in the process (including lawyer interviewers, legal recruiting staff, reception staff, and building security staff).
7. Files, organizes and maintains legal recruiting files and records.
8. Greet candidates interviewing with the firm, when required.
9. Prepares correspondence to lawyers and law student applicants, as directed.
10. Assists with summer program planning initiatives.
11. Assists with lateral associate hiring including interview scheduling, candidate tracking and communicating with recruiters and internal clients.
12. Provides support to the firm’s diversity initiatives.
13. Assists with attorney orientation (on-boarding of new lawyers), attorney training and development activities (including logistics and planning), and supports other HR activities and programming as needed.
14. Assists with special projects, as directed.
15. Legal Recruiting Department support may include:
• Opening, sorting, distributing department mail
• Processing check requests and paying invoices for department expenses
• Processing and tracking expenses
• Scheduling room reservations for meetings
• Assembling binders and information for meetings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s Degree or work experience which demonstrates the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), document management programs (Filesite), and database programs.
Minimum typing speed of 45 wpm.
Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Proficient in Excel and spreadsheets
Work experience in law firm or law school recruiting is desirable.
• Conscientious, well organized, detail-oriented, and willing to take initiative.
• Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively.
• Ability to work independently, under the direction of others, and as a part of a team.
• Flexibility in responding quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel.
• Ability to recognize confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of such information.
• Proactive in learning and adapting to new systems and processes.
• Reliable, loyal, service-focused, and punctual.
• Ability to perform under stressful conditions in a thoughtful and professional manner.
Normal office environment and schedule. This is a non-exempt position; candidate must be willing and able to handle overtime as needed.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Ropes & Gray - 10 months ago