Ropes & Gray is a leading national, and increasingly international, law firm. It is consistently recognized as a top-ten player in its Private Equity, Investment Management, Intellectual Property, Government Enforcement, Life Sciences, Securities Litigation, and Complex Business Litigation practices, among others.
The firm has a strong track record of growth and accomplishment. Building around its leading national practices the firm has, in the last five years, quadrupled its New York presence, doubled its California presence, and opened an office in Chicago. The firm has also grown internationally, adding offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, and Shanghai.
1. Manages entry level screening interview process, including but not limited to registration, scheduling, preparing interview materials, researching candidate histories and submitting feedback forms to interviewing sites.
2. Manages callback interview process, including but not limited to scheduling, greeting, coaching, and communicating with candidates. Works directly with the on-campus interviewing lawyers to assist with the interviews process.
3. Coordinates hiring events including 1L events, callback events, hiring receptions, and offeree dinners
4. Oversees preparation of correspondence in response to employment inquiries and coordinates communication with all applicants on behalf of the firm.
5. Organizes department sponsored training and social events designed to market the firm to prospective candidates.
6. Manages on-campus network of former Ropes & Gray summer associates. Coordinates on-campus events to market Ropes & Gray to prospective candidates.
7. Acts as liaison with law school career services offices, prospective candidates, and Ropes & Gray lawyers and staff to ensure a smooth hiring program and summer program.
8. Coordinates summer program events and trainings for their office.
9. Coordinates summer program projects as directed and participates in summer program planning meetings.
10. Maintains correspondence with summer associates.
11. Assists with updates to the hiring web site and recruiting print materials. Collaborates with web editors to enhance the hiring web site for recruiting purposes.
12. Coordinates participation in surveys and sponsorship opportunities.
13. Inputs and updates candidate information, creates and runs reports and updates recruiting status and activities in the legal recruiting database, (currently LawCruit) for recruiting and tracking purposes for lateral and entry-level candidates.
14. Assists with lateral associate hiring including interview scheduling, candidate tracking and communicating with recruiters and internal clients.
15. Provides support to the firm’s diversity initiatives.
16. Assists with attorney orientation (on-boarding of new lawyers), attorney training and development activities (including logistics and planning), and supports other HR activities and programming as needed.
17. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Legal Recruiting and Legal Recruiting Manager.
18. Represents the firm through membership in the National Association for Law Placement and local legal recruiting organizations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and database programs (e.g., LawCruit)
• Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Work experience in law firm or law school recruiting required
• Ability to recognize confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of such information.
• Flexibility in responding quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel.
• Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
• Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
• Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively.
• Ability to work independently, under the direction of others, and as a part of a team.
• Ability to work in a multi-office environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
• Proactive in learning and adapting to new systems and processes.
• Ability to perform under stressful conditions in a thoughtful and professional manner.
This is an exempt position. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Some travel is required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Ropes & Gray - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard