Legal Secretary Staff Counsel
Job ID # : 4947 Location: Glendale, CA
Functional Area : Administrative / Secretarial SBU: 85100 - Risk Management Claims
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : High School Diploma
Experience Required : 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided :
“Delivering on Promises for 160 Years.”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010 and 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
…what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
Working in an Executive Space in the Glendale/Pasadena corridor, this role will assist attorneys and other legal personnel with administrative and clerical work.
- Prepare correspondence and legal papers in final form including, but not limited to, Answers, Complaints, Discovery, Motions, and subpoenas from draft forms and/or dictation in either analog or digital format.
- Manages calendars and dockets and assists in tracking and meeting deadlines.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, conferences , depositions etc.
- Performs other clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, composing and typing routine correspondence, reading, sorting and routing mail.
- Files correspondence and legal documents in office filing system.
- Ensures proper indexing and filing of original legal documents in State and Federal Courts including fax filing in State Courts and E-Filing in Federal Courts.
- Interacts with Clients, Professional Peers, and other business units.
- Will consider individual with paraprofessional experience, and assign tasks as are appropriate to the individual’s skill level.
- High School Graduate
- Minimum 2-4 years related office experience working in Litigation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, including MS Outlook or comparable electronic mail systems
- Paralegal experience or exposure to paralegal duties is a plus.
- Works well with others and establishes sound working relationships
- Solid Keyboard and Typing skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to multi task assignments with different team members both locally and in remote locations
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize, and adapt to changes in workflow including both type of work and quantity of work
- Ability to change and adapt work methods as required by changing work environment
- Ability to recognize and implement and / or share best practices with team members
- Ability to work in and file documents in an electronic case management system, LegalFiles or equivalent.
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
Have you ever considered working in Worcester, MA? Worcester is centrally located and affords an easy commute from locations throughout New England. Hanover Insurance is easily accessible off of I-290 from Cities and Communities such as: Lowell, Framingham, Leominster, Attleboro, Foxboro, Waltham, Franklin, Newton, Milford, Marlborough, Amherst, Springfield and Longmeadow in MA. Hartford, Windsor, Enfield, Manchester, Glastonbury, Colchester, Willimantic and Norwich in CT. Providence, Cranston, Warwick, Smithfield and Woonsocket in RI and The Nashua area in NH.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates.
The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for nearly 160 years. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the country and maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group
- 23 months ago - save job