In this dynamic office environment, the legal secretary will be responsible for assisting 3 associate attorneys with various needs; such as scheduling hearings, preparing legal documents & correspondence, docketing cases, and maintaining court dockets and diaries. This position also requires giving direction to others and providing information through many means of communication; e.g. electronically, face-to-face, and over the phone. The duties assigned require knowledge of legal, secretarial, and office practices.
Apply today to be considered!
The purpose of this position is to have the employee perform legal secretary duties and an advanced level of administrative duties to support the assigned attorneys in the ongoing daily operations of the office.
In this legal secretary position, the following duties may be assigned:
- Receives and screens visitors and phones calls; responds to a variety of matters such as the status of pending cases, administrative and court rules, and appeal procedures.
- Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences
- Operates office equipment such as personal computers (MS Word, WordPerfect, Outlook Express), fax machines, copiers, multi-lined phones
- Assists in producing legal documents such as pleadings, briefs, opinions, complaints, administrative decisions, orders, subpoenas from verbal or written instruction, dictation, shorthand notes, rough drafts, or other materials which may be difficult to interpret and/or format
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, and content
- Sorts, opens, logs, and distributes incoming mail to staff; attaches incoming correspondence to case files and related material for action Inputs, retrieves, updates, and deletes information using computerized databases
- Logs, dockets, and schedules administrative hearings; prepares notices of hearings
- Serves and files legal papers
- Prepares and assembles materials, documents, and exhibits for meetings, court appearances, and hearings
- Assists with preparation of financial reports
Great candidates for this position will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, machines, and equipment
- Knowledge of correct English language usage, spelling, punctuation, and legal terminology
- Knowledge of the techniques of receiving callers, making appointments, giving information, and explaining instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to compose correspondence and reports
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion in giving out information and in referring and directing callers and visitors
- Ability to determine work priorities
620 Industrial Dr
ABR Employment Services, an employment staffing agency, provides administrative, call center, light industrial and skilled industrial...