Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO seeks a Legal Secretary to join the GEICO Staff Counsel office in Piscataway, NJ. The successful applicant will assist the office with answering the phones and directing calls within the office; as well as assisting attorneys in defending civil litigation matters including preparation of correspondence, pleadings, discovery, and motions. Exceptional computer skills required for this position, including proficiency with Microsoft Word. Must Type 60 WPM. . Experience with N.J. Civil Procedure is a plus but not required
Responsibilities will include:
* Preparing pleadings, discovery, motions and reports, and transcribing legal dictation.
* Filing court documents and monitoring case dockets.
* Office administration duties, such as scheduling, maintaining the office calendar, file
organization, diary entries, and gathering case-related records.
* Communicating with GEICO clients, customers and the Claims department.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active E-mail address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
GEICO - 16 months ago
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...