As one of the nation’s largest labor and employment law firms, Ogletree Deakins represents employers in a broad range of workplace matters. Our clients include more than half of the Fortune 50 corporations, and some of Louisianas' largest employers. Our New Orleans office has an opportunity for an experienced litigation legal secretary to join the firm’s expanding practice.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
- One or more years of experience as a legal secretary.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal documents and legal processes.
- Accurate typing of at least 60 words per minute.
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office, document management, time entry, e-filing and database software.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Superior organizational skills including filing, calendaring, and proofreading.
- Time management skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Regular predictable attendance.