Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The Law Department provides timely, efficient and business-focused legal services to the company. The Law Department’s substantive legal activities fall in three categories: Litigation, Regulatory and Contract, and Corporate Services.
The Legal Secretary will demonstrate extensive knowledge of litigation and regulatory agency requirements in support of Law Department attorneys.
- 5+ years as a legal secretary, including litigation
- Law firm or in-house law department experience
- High school diploma
- Ability to type 55 words per minute
- Proficiency with basic and advanced functions of Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with litigation and regulatory agency requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, demonstrate a strong client focus, and be a team player
- Ability to perform work in a sitting position up to 8 hours, required to bend, stoop and must be mobile to support attorneys and staff in other areas of the Law Department
- Perform a broad range of legal secretarial duties requiring a thorough knowledge of legal formats, court rules and procedures, thorough knowledge of e-filings for complex matters and specialized terminology
- Perform transcription, filing, mailing, monthly billing memos, and a variety of executive assistant tasks without supervision
- Prepare pleadings, briefs, applications, contracts and service lists
- Know the rules and procedures for court and administrative agencies for accurate and timely filings
- Proofread documents for accuracy
- Develop and maintain pleading, chronological and reading files
- Maintain accurate calendaring for court appearances, due dates for pleading and scheduling of meetings, hearings, and depositions
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...