WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Perform advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties applying specialized knowledge of legal procedures
- Prepare correspondence and materials for management and staff
- Collect, compile, prepare and maintain reports, records, files and data
- Maintain computer databases to organize and store legal information
- Schedule and maintain calendars of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries; coordinate related arrangements
- Requisition supplies, printing, maintenance, equipment, and other services
- Comply with the Code of Professional Responsibility governing lawyer conduct and strictly observe standards of professional conduct and confidentiality
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Familiarity with local and state rules regarding pleadings, discovery formats, deadlines and filing requirements
- Familiarity with court structures and legal resources
- Understand medical terminology, records, typical injuries and treatment
- Command of grammar, punctuation, spelling and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access skills desired
- Work well with moderate supervision and clearly defined tasks and priorities
- Work independently and problem solve
- Legal writing skills and knowledge of proper format and citations
ITEMS OF NOTE
This is a legal secretary position in an insurance defense practice.
The successful candidate must have a litigation background and working familiarity with court rules of procedure including but not limited to the Civil Rules for Superior Court in Washington and other legal concepts.
Familiarity with the computer keyboard is a must.
Background and experience in setting depositions, and finalizing and filing motions, pleadings and other legal memoranda is important to this position.
Background and experience with Word and Outlook is important.
Ability to work well with a team of lawyers and a paralegal, and communicate well with opposing counsel and staff, is essential to the job.
Background in, or familiarity with, document storage, retrieval, and assembly programs such as Legal Files, Hotdocs, or similar computer document control systems is useful.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm - 18 months ago
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the...