Assists lawyers by managing a variety of administrative tasks and responsibilities requiring both strong administrative skills as well as some practice specific knowledge. Works within a team environment in a positive and proactive manner ensuring that best administrative practices and procedures are demonstrated at all times and that continuous improvement in administrative support practices is ongoing.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Knowledge of patents and patent filing experience preferred.
• At least 3 years administrative assistant experience preferred.
• Demonstrates outstanding communication skills with the ability to work professionally with lawyers, staff and clients.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel and Power Point as determined by the specific position.
• Excellent grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills as well as the ability to produce a high volume of documents with tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow and to actively seek continuous improvement in processes and procedures.
• Demonstrates the ability to work with minimal supervision exercising good judgment and decision making.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas or positions in a professional manner promoting teamwork and a commitment to outstanding customer service.
• Demonstrates the ability to work within a team environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Accounting Responsibilities. May include time entry, review of monthly client billing summary reports and/or billing edits, preparation of billing statements for distribution, process of invoices , check requests, petty cash requests and fees; as well as preparation and tracking of expense reports.
• Records Management. May include opening and closing of files utilizing standard operating procedures; monitoring and maintaining tickler systems and/or diaries; working with internal and external databases; as well as creation of special binders and/or reports. Completes File Action Reports and prepares files for off-site storage.
• Document Production. May draft routine documents and/or utilize form documents requiring specialized form software and procedures; as well as transcribe dictation, edit documents utilizing advanced word processing features, etc.
• Telephone, Correspondence & Mailing. May include screening and tracking of telephone calls; coordinating standard mailings as well as mass mailings; coordinating certificates of mailing; sending and receiving faxes; e-mailing information to clients and opposing counsel; opening and distributing mail; creating and maintaining mailing and distributions lists.
• Calendars, Meetings, Schedule Coordination & Travel. May enter and track calendar items on attorney and/or group calendars; schedule and track appointments, meetings, etc as well as coordinate travel arrangements.
• Teamwork. Actively supports the Administrative Support Team by ensuring that the needs of all lawyers and legal personnel are met, volunteers to assist others in other departments and serves as a back up for various administrative positions when needed. Collaborates with other team members on creative solutions and proactively works to continuously improve administrative support. Actively mentors and shares experience and expertise.
Education and/or Experience:
BA or BS from an accredited college or university and three years experience in assigned or related field preferred; or any combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform duties of the positon.
The statements contained in this position
necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may v
ary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click “apply online” at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...