Tully Rinckey PLLC a successful full-service law firm with offices throughout New York State, Washington, DC and Arlington, VA, is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join our DC Office. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as Best Places to Work by the Albany, NY and Washington, DC Business Journals.
This position will be directly responsible to work with Senior Attorneys, Associates and Legal Assistants on all aspects of legal document preparation and general office procedures. A strong attention to detail, commitment to quality work product and client service skills are all required. Legal background skills in administration with legal support experience in Labor, Employment, Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) matters and arbitration/negotiation matters are required for this position.
Specific duties are:
- Telephone and personal client service skills;
- Electronic input of calendar reporting and time entry;
- Maintain tasks lists of document and court deadlines;
- Schedule appointments;
- Drafting of legal documents and correspondence for respective attorneys;
- Pro-active administration of calendars, appointments, new client information, office reporting on procedures and policies, scheduling court appearances and hearings; and
- Maintain e-files and physical files according to company procedures, including scanning and posting of all correspondence, emails, telephone calls, faxes, etc.to ensure proper file compliance.
- Ability to work 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Monday through Friday.
Research inquiries and requests for information; and general office duties as assigned for the professional operation of a law firm.
Experienced legal secretary (5 years minimum) with background in litigation/court documentation required. Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, Excel, Lexis Nexis attorney billing and document management software or equivalent. Must be able to prepare draft documentation using Word or through templates and be able to revise and finalize as directed. Must be a self-starter, work well with co-workers and perform all secretarial duties.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter and salary requirements via email. Responses to this ad with omitted requirements will not be considered.
We offer a competitive salary based on employment history and education. Benefits include firm subsidized medical coverage, dental, 401K, standard vacation and holidays. Clear employment history and personal references (3) will be required. Notary Public preferred. A Background Check and Screening will be completed on all final applicants.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.